who’s there . . . opportunity . . . opportunity who . . . opportunity and finances are often the key factors in what RV you end up with . . .
While this is often true, it is always a good idea to look, poke, prod and test as much as you can to see what you like and don’t like, so that when opportunity does knock, you’re well versed in what is being presented to you . . .
First you have to figure out what type of vehicle you want . . . you can read about that process here . . .
Then, you start to focus your search and wait for the right thing to come along . . . in my case it was the Hymer Aktiv and . . .
this is why I chose Betty
- The chassis is the Dodge Ram Promaster 2500 which is a 3.6L gas [as in petrol] V6 powered front wheel drive unit on the 159″ wheelbase – which means it’s less than 20ft . . . very VERY very important to me . . .
- And it can haul quite a bit of stuff . . . I can load it up with 1300 lbs which is easy to do because it has loads of storage space . . .
- It comes with a spare tire and a tow hitch and stability assist programming . . . this helps me feel prepared . . .
- I’m excited by the rockstar power system comprising of 2 lithium 200ah batteries and an agm battery [which acts as a lithium battery minder as it where], a 2000watt inverter/converter, an underhood generator, the Voltstart system and 250 watts of solar panels . . . helllooo . . . that basically means endless boondocking to me . . . and a nice comfy environment for Alfie . . . yay DOUBLE yay
- I like the bathroom with full medicine cabinet and the CASSETTE toilet – believe it or not I really REALLY really wanted a cassette toilet. You can watch my video about that HERE . . .
- The water tanks are quite generous for a campervan of this size . . . Fresh water = 30 gal and Gray water = 23 gal
- and the Tuma Combi system for heat and hot water rocks . . .
- The layout suited me very well . . . I wanted to have a permanent bed and a separate dining area . . . and I get that here . . . even in this short package . . . um . . . yeah [grin DOUBLE grin]
- The style is right up my alley with a neutral and light palette and soft to the touch leatherette seats . . .
- YES . . . the seats allow me to drive it comfortably . . . REALLY [watch the video]
- And then there’s gas . . . as in – off gassing . . . and in this case VERY LITTLE OFF GASSING which for sensitive noses like mine is a big relief and pleasant surprise . . .
- I can cook just about anything with the 2 burner propane stove and 700 watt microwave oven and have not one, but two sinks for clean up . . .
- and the Fantastic fan, skylight [yes I said SKYLIGHT . . . yay DOUBLE yay] along with the awning style windows and bug screens, allows for constant airflow . . . nice!
- YUP . . . it’s like a mini spaceship that’s made just for me [and Alfie . . . and his buddies . . . and my guests . . . and lots of looky loo’s] . . . good thing it has 4 seat belts [cheesy smile]