One of the problems with starting a blog centered around an RV when you’re still waiting for said RV (6 months and counting – yes there’s a story percolating there) is that your mind starts wandering . . . wanderlust of the imagination as it were . . . and if you’re blessed, tortured no blessed definitely blessed with a vivid imagination and a little dose of crazy then you’re prone to come up with ideas like this . . .
BUCKET LIST BINGO !
Yes, that’s right, tossing and turning and definitely NOT sleeping the whole night gave me copious amounts of time to concoct this little lovely . . . who knows, maybe it will catch on . . .
not all BUCKET LISTS need to be grand, expensive, or out of reach . . . BUCKET LIST BINGO brings a new perspective to exploring the everyday and it goes something like this . . . .
no RULES – just suggestions . . . awesomeness abounds
love games with no rules . . . wait – isn’t a suggestion actually a rule . . . umm . . . hmm . . . ok . . . don’t get sidetracked . . .
here goes . . .
- make up your own categories, tags, headings, lists . . . call them what you will
and then you’ll need . . .
- strips of paper, post it notes, whatever strikes your fancy . . . and . . .
- something to write with . . . . and . . .
- something to hold said bits of paper . . .
OK . . . so mine went something like this . . .
I took sheets of paper printed in a couple of different colors and then each color denoted one of my categories . . . and then . . . yes . . . THOSE tendencies kicked in . . .
my categories became DO / SEE / SHARE / FEEL / GO / FIND / LEARN / etc. . .
Then I wrote ideas on my pieces of paper (relating to the designated category which had it’s own designated color . . . yeah . . . I know . . . just go with it for now) . . . my ideas became something like this . . .
- DO: go for a hike / try a new food / skip rocks / read a book / knit a scarf
- SEE: the sunset / a dogs wet nose / my reflection in a pond / flowers in a field
- SHARE: a smile / an ice cream / a walk in the park / a memory
- FEEL: the rain on my face / the grass underfoot / happy / calm / free as a bird
- GO: to a bakery(um yeah it’s a place) / to water / to mountains / to a farm / to a museum / to a park bench / to a trail path
- FIND: a friend / your sense of humor / that other sock / a new route / the color chartreuse
- LEARN: a new recipe / a new word / how to fish / tai chi / how to relax
. . . you get the picture . . . then . . .
- cut, fold, throw them in a jar . . .
it’s good to randomly add things that come to you (like, at 3am when you can’t sleep) into your jar to change up the mix
- and then you let it be . . .
this little jar becomes a sparkling jewel of possibility that offers up a little random bucket list adventure when the urge to explore hits . . .
that’s when I go and pull out 3 to 5 pieces of paper (trying to take different colors because, ya know, OCD and all) and line them up . . . inevitably I find a couple that I can actually do today and BINGO I’m off on an adventure . . .
today my Bucket List Bingo surprise is . . .
“go to a park bench” . . . check
“share an ice cream” . . . double check – Alfie will love this, and
“learn tai chi” . . . um . . . well . . . I could find a group that likes to practice in a park and watch them while I’m gaily gobbling my ice cream with Alfie . . .
yeah, lets find that . . .
AND of course, I’ve made it complicated . . . mhmm . . . . I’m good at that !
The alternate (and I’m guessing will become the most popular) choice, is to just throw random ideas – written on bits of whatever – in a jar/hat/paper bag and pull one out to do that day . . . umm hellooo . . .
this one works well for groups that can’t decide “what to do today” – everyone picks one activity and it becomes a random choice which allows everyone to have a voice . . . double BINGO!
Go on, get out there and let Bucket List Bingo surprise you today . . . play PLAY play HOORAY!